SpicyCandyDC: The Town that Fooled the British
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Google+ Follow us on Instagram Follow us on YouTube Subscribe Follow us on Bloglovin

The Town that Fooled the British

on Aug 10, 2011
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Wearing: American Apparel cut off, Armani Exchange high-wasted shorts, Marc Jacobs bag, Rock & Candy by Zigi shoes, H&M necklace, and Ray Ban sunnies) Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


The beauty of living in the DC area is our proximity to Maryland and its delicious Maryland crabs!  This past Sunday Funday (I had to include the pic above of my BF's T-shirt, isn't it fun? lol) we took a drive up to St. Michaels for a crab feast at one of the best crab joints on the Eastern Shore, and probably the country, the Crab Claw.  Although I usually only eat snow crab legs, after a quick lesson with our sweet waitress (and the instructions on our paper place mats), I finally also learned how to eat blue MD crabs, and let me tell you....it was soooo worth the hard work.  Another first was oysters.  I have been on the fence about eating them for a while, but I finally gave in and I'm so glad I did.  They were delicious!  Ok maybe I enjoyed all the sauces you put on top of them more so than the oyster itself, but nonetheless, they were amazing.  What made the experience even better was the fact that we ate on the outside patio while watching boats go by and enjoying a light, summer breeze!  We finished our day trip with a stroll through the city and yummy black raspberry icecream from Justine's.  I can't wait to go back to "The Town that Fooled the British".


As a side fashion note:  Eating crabs is hard and sometimes messy work so bracelets is def a no no, and I definitely also had to put my hair up half way through the meal.  So next time you set off for a crab feast, be prepared my friends :)


xo
Katya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the nautical outfit, the boat shoes have never been more trendy.

Shanny