SpicyCandyDC: South Moon Under Event + My Winning Look
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Google+ Follow us on Instagram Follow us on YouTube Subscribe Follow us on Bloglovin

South Moon Under Event + My Winning Look

on Dec 17, 2011
Hi loves! As you know I participated in the South Moon Under and Refinery29 Holiday Styling contest a few weeks ago. The winner was announced at their party last Thursday and I was fortunate to win first place .. yay!! I seriously did not expect to win because I have never won anything in my life, so it was def a nice surprise.  All the other participants had great outfits as well so I'm sure it was a tough choice for the judges. I styled my outfit at the South Moon Under/Clarendon location and my blogger friend Alejandra was sweet enough to take my photos that day.  I was happy to know she also made the finals and won 3rd place.  When styling this look, I wanted this holiday outfit to be fun, comfortable and not too overdone with glitter and sparkle.  I opted for this comfortable vegan leather skinny pants with a zipper on the sides, a silk green blouse to stay in the holiday spirit and a classic Tuxedo blazer! I love hats so I knew I needed to incorporate this 'must have' accessory into my look so I chose this burgundy fedora hat that really gave my outfit the much needed fun twist! It was tough to pick out the right shoes but when I saw the sparkly pumps, I knew it was the missing piece I was looking for to complete my Holiday party look. 
I want to give a BIG 'THANK YOU' to all my friends and readers who voted for my outfit.  I'm super excited to go back to South Moon Under and use my $300 certificate so that I could create more outfits to share with all of you!  Also another big thank you to Taylor and Michelle from South Moon Under for being incredibly sweet and for doing such a great job at putting such a fun event together for all of us in the DMV.
Wishing all of you a Happy Weekend!
XO
Carlis

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Krystin from Be Loud Be you (left) and some seriously stylish ladies!
Photobucket
Totally diggin' this collar necklace.  Droolz!!!
Photobucket
One of the best looks of the night!  Chic head-to-toe.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
How cute are Abigail's accessories! 
Photobucket
They Forgot the R on Carlis but the bloggy's name was def spelled right ;) 
Photobucket
Photobucket
With my winning look
Photobucket
Michelle, the SMU buyer, was rocking a fantastic look.  We absolutely fell in love with her sequence sweater.  Def adding to our wish list!
Photobucket
Photobucket
The lovely Taylor, practicing her blogger pose! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Carlis on your win! I loved your look. It looked like such a good time. I wish I could have made it.

And I'm loving that white sequin top...omg!

xo,Cortnie
http://stylelustpages.com

Krystin said...

Love seeing you ladies!!! Congrats Carlis your look was amaze...Katya aka Sexy hair I think everyone wants to run their fingers through it haha <3

XOXO-Krystin