SpicyCandyDC: SCDC Events: Brunch Preview at La Tagliatella
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Google+ Follow us on Instagram Follow us on YouTube Subscribe Follow us on Bloglovin

SCDC Events: Brunch Preview at La Tagliatella

on Jan 23, 2014

The first thing that drew me into La Tagliatella was their invite to come try brunch!!! Since I don't live in Virginia I am not as informed on good places to eat there but everyone knows I love food and when I went to learn more about La Tagliatella I discovered a philosophy on food that I could relate to! After reading this I knew I was in for some delicious food.  When we arrived we were greeted and seated with some delicious hot buttered rums!
While we enjoyed the warm deliciousness they also brought out a favorite of mine, melon wrapped in prosciutto and the presentation was beautilowfulful.
As we enjoyed this and sat around sipping and chatting, they began to bring out brunch.  This all took place on a cold January evening but who doesn't like breakfast for dinner!!! Especially with good company!
I love a good pizza and I've had fruit pizza before but it's always been cold before.  I have never had a pizza with the fruit baked on it and I was a little skeptical about warm fruit but I was surprised to find that I enjoyed it! It was definitely different but a good surprise.
Then came the Frittatas, each served with the delicious brunch potatoes that we couldn't get enough of!! First came the smoked salmon frittata which contained asparagus, balsamic onions and mozzarella.  Next was the sun dried tomato frittata filled with sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic onions, basil and Grana Padano and my favorite was the final pancetta frittata made with balsamic onions, roma tomatoes and mozzarella.
A classic that is always a hit with me is steak and eggs and boy did they get it right!! I was especially excited to see the bacon on the plate because often you don't get both and I hate having to choose between steak or bacon but at La Tagliatella's you don't have to choose!!!
We also got to try a few of their delicious pastas!! The pastas's are not part of brunch but they looked so tempting, how could we not give them a try?

We ended the night with an Italian twist on a Moscow Mule called a Mulo Siciliano which contained vodka, blood orange juice, fresh lime and some ginger beer.  The only thing we missed was their homemade desserts but after all that who had room!!! Just means that we will have to go back!

PS: To Check out more events in the city, make sure to follow Morgan via Twttter and Instagram.

No comments: