SpicyCandyDC: District Closets: Q&A w Anchyi of Anchyi @ Work
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Google+ Follow us on Instagram Follow us on YouTube Subscribe Follow us on Bloglovin

District Closets: Q&A w Anchyi of Anchyi @ Work

on Sep 16, 2014
3
Anchyi's style is so unique! I'm personally a huge fan of her shoe and jewelry collection. Every time I see her at events in the city, Anchyi manages to look flawless without exaggeration! She was also just featured as one of the Women of Style in the latest issue of DC Magazine!

1. How would you describe your personal style?
My style preference is bit of an oxymoron - either More is More or Less is More. Over-the-top, glitsy accessories on bold mismatched prints, or super-clean minimalist lines. I also love vintage and avant-garde. Style is a way of communication - I try to let my outfits tell a story.

2. How does DC inspire your day-to-day style?
Because fashion in DC is still on the conservative side, it inspires me to stay true to myself and not be afraid of what others think. When I walk into my conservative office at a Federal agency, instead of sticking to the unspoken dress "code" I choose to look how I want to look. In turn, it actually has inspired others to do the same!

3. What are some of your favorite places to shop in the DC metro area?
I'm mostly an online shopper, but I do enjoy the consignment shops (Secondi!) and vintage finds (Pretty People) in the DMV area.

4. You have the closet that any fashionable girl would die for, what are your wardrobe staples?
Great pair of nude heels, black shoes with an edge like these by Azzedine Alaia, comfortable and flowy kaftan, maxi or jumpsuit, and a easy-going neutral grey coat (boxy fit for this fall/winter).

5. Can you give us little hints about what we can expect to see from your collection of pieces at District Closets?
I'm a new mom, so unfortunately many of my fabulous shoes are not getting much love lately. They are yearning for some TLC from a new owner! There will be some hot Louboutins like these, and fun dresses like this Clover Canyon number.
IMG_0140
IMG_3034
Shop Anchyi's closet this Sat from 5pm to 8pm at Secondi in Dupont Cirle! More info about the event HERE!

No comments: