SpicyCandyDC: District Closets: Q&A w Rachel of My Fair Vanity
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Google+ Follow us on Instagram Follow us on YouTube Subscribe Follow us on Bloglovin

District Closets: Q&A w Rachel of My Fair Vanity

on Sep 16, 2014
4
We are so happy to have Rachel of My Fair Vanity at District Closets this year! We are totally digging this girl's minimalist style and her thoughtful way on how she picks her clothes! Most of the outfits she features are made in the U.S.A, organic, handmade, vegan or recycled!& we think that's pretty awesome. ;)

1.How would you describe your personal style?
I like mostly minimalist looks, though I'm also attracted to anything dark, edgy, or sci-fi. Summer is the only season for which I will break out the color and go a little more bohemian...but just a little. :)

2..How does DC inspire your day-to-day style?
I work in an office setting but am always looking for pieces that express my personal style, aren't too wild for DC, and can still move into dinner or drinks. That may be why I keep a fairly neutral palette and look for simple shapes that can be dressed up or down by switching up the shoes and accessories.

3.What are some of your favorite places to shop in the DC metro area?
As you know, I am all about eco-friendliness, which means reusing and recycling, so I am a frequent Secondi shopper as well as consigner. I also like to hit up Redz Trading and Ella Rue for secondhand finds. When I buy new, I like Nordstrom because they know their stock well and can find me made in the USA brands and even brands that have fair trade components, like PIkolinos shoes, for example. I also love the new Nordstrom Rack dowtown, and South Moon Under, which carries a high percentage of brands that fit within the ethics of my blog.

4.You have the closet that any fashionable girl would die for, what are your wardrobe staples?
One wardrobe item I wear as soon as the air is crisp, whether with jeans, dresses or leggings, are my Stella McCartney ankle boots. They are vegan and sustainably made like all of Stella's line, and they go with everything! I also have a camel-colored cashmere sweaterdress from Barney's COOP that I wear to death in the cold seasons. Lastly, I have a chain link gold-plated necklace by Monet that I wear through all seasons-- it dresses up collared shirts, dresses, sweaters and more as a classic, clean statement piece. All three of these beloved and well-worn items were purchased secondhand at Secondi! In terms of staples anyone should have, I would say a sheath dress, jeans in dark wash and black, shirts and sweaters in black, camel and navy, statement necklace, a clutch, and a larger bag in black or camel brown.

5.Can you give us little hints about what we can expect to see from your collection of pieces at District Closets?
You can expect to see some beautiful sheath dresses that I find a little hard to part with, one of which is rare 1940s vintage, killer black heels, and a staple-worthy bag by Kooba that can take you through all four seasons. Come see for yourself! :)
14299480577_f0f39d8076_o
2 maternity style made in the USA baby bump my fair vanity All Photos Courtesy of My Fair Vanity
We can't even deal with all the amazing pieces Rachel will bring to District Closets! Can you? RSVP HERE!

No comments: