SpicyCandyDC: JCPenney Spring Lookbook
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Google+ Follow us on Instagram Follow us on YouTube Subscribe Follow us on Bloglovin

JCPenney Spring Lookbook

on May 12, 2015


It's been quite a few busy weeks here at SCDC. I finally got around to writing and telling you all about my amazing experience participating in the first ever JCPenney Blogger lookbook collab! It all happened so fast I barely had the chance to catch my breath and realize what was going on, but this truly was one of the most rewarding and fun experiences I've had through the blog!

So here is how it all happened. A few months ago, around January to be exact, I posted this photo on insatagram with the hashtag I saw JCPenney was using to connect with their customers. A month later I got a DM via twitter letting me know that they wanted me to be part of their #JCPMuse lookbook along with a few other bloggers. I was beyond excited to accept but the good news kept on coming! The photoshoot took place at the Milk Studios in NYC with an awesome team of photographers, videographers, make up artists and stylist -- I mean this was as real as it can get when it comes to participating in a photo shoot with a big brand. I've never shot in a studio and it was definitely a new and exciting experience. The JCP team treated us with such kindness throughout the whole time and we all felt comfortable to let go of the need to be perfect and just be ourselves! All three looks were styled by the JCpenney stylist Sadaf and photographed by Tom Corbett who is incredibly talented. I was in NYC for three days and made four new blogger friends with whom I will always have a special bond due to this incredible experience. Check out the entire #JCPMuse lookbook HERE and tell me who your muses are in your life!


#JCPMuses

 Kimberly  (The Haute Mama's ), Jen (Cranberry Tantrums), Nailah (The Moda Instersection ) and Mary (CurlyByrdie chips)

The JCP Crew!


Office Video for the #JCPMuse Campaign


PS: A special thanks and shot out to my mom who gifted me the coat I wore on that instagram post where JCPenney found me! She also works for JCPenney so this collab really meant a lot to her too! ;) 

No comments: